The new issue of Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs contains articles addressing the ASEAN human rights bodies, the practice of human rights and the pragmatic and shifting process of democratisation in Southeast Asian countries.
The edition includes the following research papers:
- Sorpong Peou, The Limits and Potential of Liberal Democratisation in Southeast Asia
- James Gomez, Robin Ramcharan, Evaluating Competing “Democratic” Discourses: The Impact on Human Rights Protection in Southeast Asia
- Kerstin Radtke, ASEAN Enlargement and Norm Change – A Window of Opportunity for Democracy and Human Rights Entrepreneurs?
- Mathew Davies, An Agreement to Disagree: The ASEAN Human Rights Declaration and the Absence of Regional Identity in Southeast Asia
- Theodor Rathgeber, Documentation: International Legal Human Rights Framework — Human Rights and the Institutionalisation of ASEAN: An Ambiguous Relationship